How to clean your yoga mat:
- At the end of every practice it is recommended to spray the mat with regular water, or wipe the mat with a wet cloth – use only water (no soap or detergents).
- If you practice often, it is recommended to spray or wipe the mat with a mixture of ¾ water and ¼ White Vinegar, once every 1-3 weeks.
- The white vinegar is anti-bacterial and will help to keep both you and your mat healthy.
- After cleaning, wipe dry with a microfiber towel and hang to dry for several hours.
- It is recommended to not use any soaps, detergents, alcohol, salts or etheric oils of any kind.
Some of these may be anti-bacterial, however over time they damage the natural rubber and its grip, make it dry, rigid and crumbling.
How to upkeep your yoga mat:
- Natural Rubber yoga mats tend to dry out and crumble when left in the sun or in your car. It is recommended to keep the mat in a shadowed, closed space at all times.
- Please note that there is no need to “break in” your mat before use, and it’s not recommended to use salt and water as a cleaning method.
- It’s recommended to keep your yoga mat rolled with the top pointing inwards.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device